Tooling Up

There's a lot of equipment that I need to make my life a bit easier for producing jewellery and sculpture.  But until I'm established I'm just going to have to make do with manual tools or use some ingenuity.  A Bobbin sander should look like the picture below:
But as they cost from £130 upwards I decided to build my own from wood, screws, dowels, a hinge and a hasp:)  I worked out that I would need to secure a drill in place with a hinged lid before fixing a sanding drum, as there wouldn't be enough clearance to get the drill and the bit through the hole in the lid.  This meant I would need a separate sanding platform put in place after the attachment was fitted. This is located on top with dowels.  Here's the result of my afternoon's efforts,(no sanding drum yet-waiting on an order from Ebay:)):



Most of my silver jewellery is going to be inspired by the trees and plants venerated by Ancient Britons.  I often walk up local hills take in my surroundings and sketch design ideas.

Most of the plants have succumbed to the cold weather leaving few leaves on the trees but plenty of berries.  The only colour is provided by hardy plants like Ivy and Gorse.

Here are a couple of pics taken with my camera phone which I've just discovered takes HD video, so I'm going to make a couple of Video Blogs of places I often visit.




Comments