Refining

I've softened the face somewhat and have been working on rigging the figure for animation. It's the old law of diminishing returns. You attain a certain standard of work within a reasonable timescale; but then to get it up to a higher level, the smallest improvement in quality takes a disproportionate amount of time.




I hope to sell my kiln this Friday and have already seen the enameling kiln I intend to buy in its place.
I will start work on building a new workspace next week, or rather two workspaces, one for silversmithing/sculpting and the other to house the new computer workstation. My old pc has practically ground to a halt now.


I am going to bow out of the ceramics class early. I discovered that it was not right for me and also it had a negative impact as far as making aquaintances is concerned. Part of the reason for joining the course was to get me out of the house, which for a freelancer is important. But the trouble with joining daytime courses is that the intake tends to be mainly female. I made what I thought was a good friend on this course but she started to get wary of having a friend of the opposite sex.


Living in the far west of Cornwall it is hard to keep contact with people because of the distances involved. I'm hoping that the project I'm working on will start to take shape and keep all feelings of loneliness at bay.


One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes by to sit by it.
Vincent Van Gogh

Comments

Gordon Fraser said…
DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR ILLUSTRATION AND CHARACTER MAKING MR P!!!!!! YOU'RE TOO GOOD!!!!.....and if you do...I'll have to come down there and kick your butt! (Y'know I'm in the same rut as you at the moment and I feel like dropping it all.....but at the end of the day....this is what we do...you know it and I know it, its just a shame a lot of the publishers out there are blind!)
Chris.P said…
Good to hear from you Gordon.

Arghhh! I don't know.

Thanks for the kind words, but I think maybe illustration has left me rather than the otherway around.

I've been leaving it to fate but I could try being a bit more proactive. it just gets so tiring having to constantly reinvent yourself. Hopefully things will work out.