Finally I'm back

I've been putting a lot of effort into ceramics and CGI in the past few weeks. None of the ceramic work in progress has really been ready for posting.

I have found the ceramics course useful in that it has shown the limitations of the medium with my style of work. I prefer to create detailed sculpture but working using clay with its particular properties, has proved a bit frustrating. I will concentrate my efforts with other sculpture mediums which I think suit me better. The tutor is full of praise for me but I know I have yet to get anywhere near the level I aspire to.

There are people on the ceramics course who I have felt a connection with. Unfortunately they are all women on the course so these friendships will not be sustainable. So I guess I'm back to square one in some ways.

I think my illustration career has bid me a fond farewell. I gave it a good go but couldn't quite get onto the next rung of the ladder. Getting a number of books published was more than I could have hoped for when I started out. Once the ball started to roll I thought it could pick up speed. Sadly it just lost inertia.

CGI wise here is an example of Xyla with wind applied to her dress. I have yet to get the hair to 'work' :)

Comments

Sarah said…
She looks as good as always!

Glad you are really getting into the sculpture/ceramics. Really look forward to seeing some pics. Are they items that can be sold on Etsy? too delicate perhaps to be hurled around in the post!
Sarah said…
PS I think you can delete the 'art of chaos' link now!!
Chris.P said…
Thanks Sarah:)

I may have a few items for Etsy. But I'm working on perhaps selling lenticular images.

I couldn't get your blog link to work:(

But I have removed your old link from my blog.