Where I'm At

I was supposed to meet up with an old friend from college today but as is often the case the working hours of a freelance illustrator and that of a full time worker don't mesh. I haven't seen him for two years such is the brisk passage of time. Maybe it will have to wait for another couple of years. This is one of the problems with being an illustrator. We seemed to exist in another realm.

With the end of the financial year looming I have been trying to buy equipment and software to offset my profits. I have just purchased a new 3D program and at last some wood carving tools.

Illustration is my career again! as I was contacted by my Agent at last today concerning the job which was mentioned to me last month. At first the fee looked a bit low, but it turned out that there are less illustrations required. It is based on one of the Rudyard Kippling stories. Ironically I went into a school a few years back and worked with a class on the story 'How The Giraffe Got It's Long Neck' by the same author.

This illustration was created with some of the children's models:



My Agent also mentioned that he was at the Bologna Book Fair and met a woman looking for a modelmaker. When she saw my work in the portfolio she said 'I've found him!' I'll have to wait and see if anything comes of it..

Comments

Gina said…
Congrats, I always love what you do. You don't happen to know an agent that would be interested in me do you? I'm really in need of extra graphic design/animation work...