Making A Space

There is a lot to be said about Feng Shui. Even if you don't believe in the idea that energy flows around the home, (not sure I do), you must go along with idea that if your house is a mess then so can your mind be. On a purely psychological level a messy space isn't conducive to an ordered mind. The house has been neglected so i have a fair bit of clearing away to do. If I was just dealing with watercolour it wouldn't be such a problem. But I have camera/studio equipment, computer disks, plasticine, props, paints, etc to sort out.

My mind has been a bit unfocused of late in reaction to being busy, then not. And as I have decided to get back into meditation, I am creating a 'sacred' space to act as a kind of altar/focal point. I will gather together the things that inspire and motivate me.

As mentioned in a previous post I am going to start off with a candle meditation, (from the Australian meditation society), then I am going to try the first stage of the Holosync Brain Entraining Cd's. I'll let you know how I get on.

Comments

tlchang said…
I totally believe in the idea (and tangible feel) of energy flow in one's environment. I like the feng shui books that combine the Eastern concepts with western sensibilities (since a lot of the strictly Chinese symbolism and imagery does not resonate with me). It's not a thing I subscribe religiously to, but do try to apply the broad concepts...

Things do feel better when I do.

You're going to start using Holosync? From Centerpoint Research? I'll be interested in what you think.
d. moll, l.ac. said…
There is EmWave from the Heart Math Institute, puts you in "The Zone". I'm in my first week of it and like it alot.